iPhoto For PC: Apple has developed a digital photograph manipulation software app for all iPhone and Mac devices. This app is called iPhoto. iPhoto can import, organize, edit, print and share digital photos. Every Mac device and iOS device from 2002 till 2015 has this app. Afterward, Apple introduced Apple’s Photo app in place of iPhotos. Earlier iPhotos was available to users as part of the iLife suite of digital media management applications.
First started in 2002 with a iOS as well as OS X version which would be installed as a part of the new Mac devices from then onwards. In 2014, however, Apple stated that they are working on a new app called Photos app which will ultimately replace iPhotos when the module has been fully developed.
iPhoto for PC Laptop Windows 10/8/7 and Mac OS Computer:
In 2015, iPhotos was finally removed and replaced by Apple Photos app which then became available on the Apple Store. Let’s see some of the iPhoto app features are.
Key Features of iPhoto App:
- Users really appreciated the features that iPhotos came with and many were satisfied with the user interface of the app too. Users can click and import pictures from any camera or storage device. It is simple to import pictures from digital cameras, local storage devices such as USB flash drive, CDs, DVDs and hard drives to a user’s iPhoto Library
- A cool feature of iPhotos is its ability to recognize almost any image format which also includes raw formats of images
- iPhotos makes editing, light correction, blur fixing and many other fixes easy. With this app, you can fix any of your images and make them look as presentable as you want. Individual photos can be edited with basic image manipulation tools, such as a red-eye filter, contrast and brightness adjustments, cropping and resizing tools, and other basic functions.
- Users will find it incredibly easy to share pics with friends and family through the medium of the most commonly used popular social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter of by mail (Gmail). It is even possible to post it to Flickr or make slideshows
- One feature you will find very useful is the grouping system that iPhotos has. iPhoto automatically groups your photos according to the time you took them, so they all appear together.Enough cannot be said about how simply this makes to sort photos especially of events that you have forgotten about. If you forget the date or day of a certain celebration or special occasion, you simply have to scroll down to the images and the date will be displayed there.
- iPhotos can recognize faces and you can view your images according to which friend is in them and sort them in that way.
- iPhoto can also sync photo albums to any iPod with a color display. These iPods may also have an audio/video output to allow photos to be played back, along with music, on any modern television.
Other recognizable functions and features:
The OS X version and iOS versions have similar functions in general. After all, they are the very same app. The features that iPhoto does not provide are the extensive editing options of programs such as Apple’s Aperture, or Adobe’s Photoshop or GIMP
Click Here >> Download Snapchat for PC
With the help of this app, photos can be printed to a local printer, or can even be transferred over the internet to camera companies for professional printing purposes.
However, this app did have its own set of drawbacks like iPhoto for iOS did not have tools for creating books, calendars, cards and ordering prints. Instead, it had the option to create ‘Photo journals’ which are digital photo collages that can be uploaded to Apple’s iCloud service and shared within circles.
iPhoto App for Windows PC Laptop Download and Alternatives:
Unfortunately, this app is designed only for iOS and Mac. There are no existing versions of iPhoto for Windows. It is disappointing for those users who switch from iOS to Windows device only to find this app missing. The most practical thing such users do is – opt for suitable alternatives which work well on Windows.
So let us see some alternatives to iPhoto for PC are,
- The user interface is easy to navigate through and use. It has a dark background which makes photo viewing and editing easier and more effective
- It has the feature of different ‘modules’ for different tasks. This makes using the app significantly easier instead of wasting time trying to figure out how the app works.
- users will find it easy to browse, search and compare photos with this app
- It assigns Metadata from the user, including keywords, titles, tags, ratings and GPS data.
- However the software does not support all cameras on its own at all times and it is not free.
Must Read: Movie Box for Laptop
Picasa – This is a Google app which will work pretty well on your Windows PC as an alternative to iPhotos.
- It has amazing tracking and importing features which promise to make your experience less messy
- Picasa is well known for its numerous editing features, including red eye reduction, color tweaking, and other enhancements with your images. Many users love the editing features of this app as much as iPhotos.
- It will not let you down by denying recognition of certain file types. In fact, it can read most file formats, including lots of raw formats.
- All the basic functions like crop, reduce file size, prepare the image for printing, tag and put facial recognition will be taken care of if you opt for Picasa. Also, users can benefit from features like geotagging and Backups of original pictures
- What’s more is that this app is completely free of cost and you can download and use it today.
Also Read: Tango for Windows
Movavi Slideshow Creator – This app helps users to turn still photos into photo/DVD slideshows so you can play on your iPhone/iPad, big-screen TV, DVD player.
- This is an ideal replacement for the slideshow option in the iPhoto app, You won’t even need a camcorder. You just have to drag and drop photos to the storyboard, improve photos, overlay music, and titles.
- It is possible to export your movie or burn to DVD without installing a DVD burner
- You can even upload to YouTube directly from this iPhoto for Windows slideshow creator.
- A free of cost version is also available just like Picasa.